Health ministry teams and health promoters introduce Lifestyle Coaching. A health program, created to help people to make lifestyle changes to lower their health risks and improve their health. Changing a health habit is not an easy process. The challenges of everyday life and the power of long-term habits make it difficult for people to implement the information shared. Lifestyle Coaching uses biblical principles to provide personalized support that can cut through common barriers to lifestyle change.
LIFESTYLE COACHING SKILLS WORKSHOP
Description: The Lifestyle Coaching Skills workshop explores the foundational philosophy, attitudes, and skills of coaching within the context of health ministries in Seventh-day Adventist congregations.
By participating in the Lifestyle Coaching Skills workshop, participants will be able to:
• Define lifestyle coaching and how it aligns with biblical values.
• Explain the value of using a lifestyle coaching approach in health ministries.
• Describe the elements of the Lifestyle Coaching Model.
• Describe the four gifts we give as coaching, and how they reflect the heart of God.
• Discuss key concepts for understanding behavior change and practical implications for lifestyle coaching and health
• Practice key coaching skills and a coaching conversation model to help someone create a Lifestyle Change Plan in the area of physical activity.